Breakfast Casserole (Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Gluten Free)
I’m doing my third round of whole30 right now and I’m always looking for the quick and easy breakfast options. Whole30 or not, breakfast is hard for me in this season of life. Chasing around a toddler makes it hard for me to make a healthy breakfast option. So, a breakfast casserole is the perfect solution to my problem!
I really can’t stand breakfast casseroles that are ALL eggs. When I did South Beach I made one that actually made me gag. So I knew this one needed a better base than “just” eggs. Hello, hash browns! Thank goodness potatoes are allowed on whole30 because I couldn’t live without them. They make the best crust and it’s so good when they get crispy.
Bonus tip: when I make this I keep it in the fridge and then heat it up in the air fryer and it gets so crispy! It is delicious on a regular day and then when it gets crisped up it takes the casserole to another level! You can also crisp it in the oven on broil. You’re going to love this! Make sure to check for whole30 compliance with your hash browns. I like the Cascadian Farms root veggie hash browns and the great value at walmart hash browns. Enjoy!
- 1 12oz package Cascaian Farms Root vegetable hash browns
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 whole onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 package ground pork
- 1T Primal Palate breakfast seasoning
- 6 eggs
- 1/2t smoked paprika
- 1/2t sea salt
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced into coins
How to cook Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray casserole dish (I used 8x10 dish) with oil, add hash browns, and gently press down on hash browns to make "crust." Bake for 20 minutes then broil 5 minutes.
- In food processor add red bell pepper, onion, and garlic and pulse until fine.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook pork until browned and add breakfast seasoning. Remove from pan and drain but don't wipe out pan. Cook veggies in the same pan until soft.
- Add 6 eggs to a large bowl and whisk. Add smoked paprika and sea salt and mix well.
- Layer casserole in dish on top of hash browns: vegetable mix, meat, then eggs. Top with sliced jalapeños and bake for 35 minutes at 350F.
- Keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for one week. Heat up in air fryer or broil for 5-10 minutes.