Pesto Chicken Sweet Potato Toasts (Whole 30, Paleo, DF, GF)
Sweet potato toasts are one of the best ways to ease into a gluten free, paleo, or whole30 lifestyle. Especially for those who are used to having bread with every meal. I personally don’t miss bread one bit, but I know lots of people do! Enter sweet potato toasts! I have posted my PB&J SPT before and you guys loved it!
I love SPT because they are quick, easy, and DELICIOUS! These are also great for kids and for a party. They are finger food that packs a flavor PUNCH! I know you guys will love them. When I made them, Tim and I actually ate them for dinner and they were very filling!
I used a mix of Japanese sweet potatoes and traditional sweet potatoes for these and they were both delicious! The plain sweet potato ones were slightly more substantial, so keep that in mind if you’re feeding hungry boys 😉 I would encourage you to get creative with these and try different flavor combinations! I hope you enjoy! xo
Pesto Chicken Sweet Potato Toasts
- 2 sweet potatoes (traditional or Japanese- milder flavor)
- 1c shredded chicken
- 1/4c pesto (I like Seggiano because it's dairy free)
- 1/4c sun-dried tomatoes, diced*
- Wash sweet potatoes and slice into 1/2 inch rounds. Bake on a baking sheet at 400 for 30 minutes, flip and cook another 15 minutes.
- Mix chicken and pesto. Top with a few bites of sun-dried tomatoes. These are perfect little bites full of flavor for lunch or parties!
*You can dice the sun-dried tomatoes by hand or place in a food processor for easy dicing.