Asian Chicken Salad (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Nut Free Option)
So very many of y’all LIVE for chicken salads! I get it- they’re quick and easy to make, can feed you for a whole week 🙌, and taste delicious in a variety of ways. I can promise you’re going to looove this (secretly) veggie packed one. I actually made the WHOLE THING in my mini food processor (in batches). I’m always about having as few dishes as possible. It’s my mission in life to have less dishes than food… so far, I have work to do to accomplish that.
The inspo for this dish came from an actual salad I had with many of these elements and I thought to myself, this would make a DELISH chicken salad. I put each individual ingredient in the food processor (cabbage then carrots, then cilantro then chicken) INCLUDING the chicken which makes this easier than ever. If you have a nut allergy, omit the peanut butter. Or you can sub sunbutter or possibly maple syrup, but I haven’t tried it.
This chicken salad can be transformed in a variety of ways and I actually never tire of it! The flavors are just so powerful and exciting! Some of the ways I like to enjoy it: with crackers, over lettuce with more dressing🤤, in a wrap, inside an avocado, with fruit, as a sandwich… the possibilities are truly endless! Enjoy, and be sure to tag me if you make it!
Asian Chicken Salad
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 red cabbage, diced, about 2c
- 2 carrots, shredded, about 1c
- 1c cilantro, minced
- Mushrooms, minced (optional)
- 1/2c coconut aminos
- 3/4t toasted sesame oil
- 1/4t fish sauce
- 1t peanut butter (sub sunbutter or maple syrup for nut free)
- 2t minced fresh ginger
- 1/2t sriracha (optional)
How to cook Asian Chicken Salad
- Preheat oven to 350F. Season chicken with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes then flip and bake 15 minutes more. Let cool then shred using food processor or standing mixer. You can use your food processor for this whole recipe and it makes it so much easier! Place each individual ingredient in food processor until minced, then add to a large bowl. I did cabbage, then carrots, then cilantro, then chicken. You can even add the sauce ingredients to the food processor! Mix all ingredients then add sauce and stir well. Chill and serve with crackers, lettuce as a salad, in a wrap, or alone!