Buffalo Chicken Dip (Whole30, Paleo, GF, DF)
Hi friends! Who else accidentally planned their whole30 to fall during the Super Bowl? 🙋♀️ Oopsie! But that’s ok! I’m ready and willing to take on this challenge. And just in time for Sunday’s game, I give you my Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Nothing says Super Bowl more than buffalo chicken anything and everything. I have made a similar dip in the past with a cream cheese substitute but I had to make a whole30 option! Technically COULD use an almond milk cheese but I wanted to play it safe. Looking at you, whole30 police.
You don’t have to save this recipe just for the Super Bowl, either! It’s great for any season, any day, any time. Oh my gosh can you IMAGINE this for breakfast with a fried egg on top?! I’m doing that!
I hope you all enjoy the Super Bowl! To be honest, I don’t even know who’s playing. But it’s always a fun excuse to get together with friends and EAT! ♥️
Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and rough chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 2T ghee
- 1 1/2t sea salt, separated into 1/2 and 1t portions
- 1t dried dill
- 1T dried chives
- 1/4c compliant ranch*
- 1/2c hot sauce*
- 3 eggs
- One bunch celery, chopped
- One bunch carrots, chopped
- Roast chicken and 350F for 20 minutes. Flip and cook 10 minutes more. Shred and cool.
- While the chicken roasts, boil, drain, and mash potatoes. Add ghee and 1/2t sea salt to potatoes.
- Add potatoes, celery, dill, chives, and salt to chicken mixture and mix.
- Add ranch and hot sauce and stir.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Pour into oiled casserole dish* and bake for 40 minutes. Broil for 5 minutes to get top golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with chopped carrots and celery and extra ranch for dipping.
I used Primal Kitchen Ranch and Frank's Red Hot. I oiled my dish with avocado oil.