Chicken Stir Fry Bowls (Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free)
I just completed my THIRD round of Whole30! 🎉 It was much easier this time, compared to the first time and I felt great! Whole30 is honestly the best, I love it so much! I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again… I so deeply desire everyone to fuel their bodies with REAL FOOD (not processed junk) so they can truly discover how to feel their best. So many people don’t even know what it feels like to really feel great. I know I didn’t, I had no idea you could feel this good. SO, to celebrate the end of my Whole30, I’m sharing this SIMPLE, 20 minute, stir fry recipe with you!
You can ABSOLUTELY make this your own. Add different veggies, switch it up! If I included a vegetable you don’t like, try swapping it out with one you do like! The first time I made this I actually thought it would take twice the time and dinner was ready so much earlier than I anticipated, which is always a good thing for someone who is always ready to eat. And I don’t mean my husband.
You can also sub any kind of rice or riced vegetables for this recipe. I love Japanese sweet potatoes for a lot of reasons, but they’re white so it kind of tricks your brain. And it doesn’t have the kick of cauliflower rice. Other options: sweet potato rice, broccoli rice, white rice, cauliflower rice… the list goes on. And you can absolutely make this without rice as well! As usual, this meal makes terrific leftovers. I hope you love feeding your family this wonderfully delicious recipe that you can feel good about! xo
Chicken Stir Fry Bowls
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5t seasoning salt (I like Magic Mushroom Powder)
- 2 + 1T avocado oil
- 8 oz snap peas
- 10 oz broccoli florets
- 2c shredded carrots
- 1c coconut aminos
- 1t fish sauce (I like Red Boat)
- 1/2t toasted sesame oil
- 1t ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 1/8t ground ginger
- 1/4t ground turmeric
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato (or 2 small)
- 1t sea salt
- 1T avocado oil
How to cook Chicken Stir Fry Bowls
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside. Season chicken with 1/4t seasoned salt on each side. Brown in 2T avocado oil in HOT pan until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set on a plate to rest.
- Add 1T of oil to the pan, lower the heat to medium and add vegetables. Cook until soft.
- After veggies are cooked, chop chicken and add back to the same pan. Reserve 1/3c of stir fry sauce and pour the rest over the chicken/veggie mixture. Cook until sauce bubbles and reduces (if desired).
- Wash, peel, and chop Japanese sweet potato. Blitz in the food processor until a fine "rice" texture has been achieved. Add "rice" to a skillet on medium heat with 1T oil and 1t sea salt. Brown and stir often to keep from sticking. Add 1/3c stir fry sauce to season. Assemble bowls with sweet potato rice + chicken and veggie mixture. Enjoy! Keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days. Makes great leftovers!