Creole Shrimp with Crispy Rice Cakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free) with Ralston Family Farms
I’m so excited to be teaming up with Ralston Family Farms for today’s blog post! I am also doing a fabulous giveaway on my instagram with them to celebrate this fun collaboration. Click HERE to enter the giveaway! It is such a fun and exciting time for us to be working together since September is National Rice Month! 🎉
I have found myself becoming obsessed with rice over the last few years and it has really become one of my comfort foods. It’s so delicious and so easy to make, it’s perfect for a weeknight meal. I love Ralston Family Farms for a lot of reasons (they have been so amazing to work with), but one of the big ones is that they are a L O C A L family farm that is certified gluten free and non-GMO project verified. There is so much freedom in knowing you don’t have to worry about contamination and knowing you are helping cultivate your local economy. Not to mention, it’s delicious. 😍
Today’s recipe might be my favorite recipe I’ve made to date! It’s subtly spicy, sweet, creamy and takes me straight to New Orleans. Cajun food is such a delight and I really felt transformed when I was making this amazing meal in my kitchen. It really reinvigorated my love for cooking and got my creative juices flowing.
The rice is the star of this recipe, but let’s not forget about the sauce! I’ve always loved sauces and dips of every kind, and this sauce is a work of art. I can’t believe how flavorful it is! I even surprised myself. You are going to LOVE this recipe and want to put this sauce on everything. You could put it on a shoe and I would eat it… it’s that good! The best part about this recipe is it’s EASY- hardly any hands on cooking time. Don’t forget to check out the rice from Ralston Family Farms- available at Walmart, Kroger, Bramble Market, Heights Corner Market, Green Corner Store, and Harps locally AND Publix nationwide! Also available on their website. xo
Creole Shrimp with Crispy Rice Cakes
- 1c Ralston Family Farms Nature's Blend rice
- 1/2t sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4c avocado or coconut oil
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deveined & tail on (thawed and rinsed)
- 1 shallot
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1T avocado oil
- 2T tomato paste
- 1T Cajun seasoning blend
- 1 5.4 oz can of coconut cream (entire contents)
- 1/2c dry white wine
- 1/4t sea salt
- Italian flat leaf parsley (for garnish)
How to cook Creole Shrimp with Crispy Rice Cakes
- Cook rice according to instructions. Tip: I like to add a small drizzle (1t or so) of avocado or olive oil to keep rice from sticking.
- Add salt and let cool. Add 2 eggs and mix.
- Preheat oil in a pan on medium-high heat until sizzling. Using a cookie scoop, scoop rice into oil. Do not touch for 2 minutes (or until crispy). Flip and pat down. Repeat until desired crispiness has been achieved.
- Blitz shallot and garlic in the food processor to finely mince. Sauté in a pan on low heat with avocado oil until tender and fragrant. Raise heat to medium. Add tomato paste and cajun seasoning and stir. Cook for 30 seconds. Add entire contents of coconut cream and stir. Add wine, stir. Add salt, stir. Add shrimp in batches. Do not crowd the pan. Cook shrimp about 2 minutes per side, or until they turn opaque. Serve shrimp on rice cakes and garnish with Italian flat leaf parsley. Enjoy!!