Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Salad (Paleo, Whole30 option, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
If I have learned one thing since starting this blog, it’s that people LOVE a good chicken salad recipe! And I know why- it’s easy to prep and there are a variety of ways to remake it as something new for lunch each day. I know there are plenty of folks who love to meal prep and chicken salad is one of the best things to meal prep!
I personally don’t do the whole 3 hours on a Sunday thing, but I will make a batch of chicken salad, roasted veggies, or quick protein on Mondays that I’ll eat on throughout the week. Then I can eat them together or separate, or add in leftovers from dinner. That way I never get bored. My favorite way to enjoy this chicken salad is in lettuce wraps, with fruit and cheese, with crackers, and I even made it with Brussels sprouts and it was delicious!
To make this recipe dairy free, paleo, or whole30 you need to use dairy free pesto. I usually make my own or buy this brand which is whole30 compliant and dairy free. If I’m running low on pesto, I will add the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes and it makes the consistency the same! I have tried it using sun-dried tomatoes that were not in oil, and it just didn’t taste right, so keep that in mind. I hope you love it! Now, I’m going to eat some.
Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2c basil pesto (I use this one to make it paleo, dairy free, and whole30. I usually use the whole jar)
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
How to cook Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Salad
- I roast my chicken breasts at 350F for 20 minutes, flip, and 15 minutes more. Then shred using the white paddle attachment with my standing mixer or with a hand mixer.
- Drain and rinse sun-dried tomatoes. Add tomatoes to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Combine chicken, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes and stir. Enjoy in lettuce wraps, tortilla, with crackers, and with lunch throughout the week! Keeps in the fridge for one week in an airtight container.